Investing in home improvements can be a daunting (and expensive!) task, but there are plenty of budget-friendly ideas available.
Whether you’re looking to spruce up a space or just want to give your home a bit of an update, there are plenty of budget and inflation friendly ideas that can help make your home look and feel new again. Here are 10 to get you started:
1. Paint – You don’t need expensive materials here; simply buy some paint and brushes to help add some color and vibrancy to your walls. Plus, painting is something you can definitely do yourself to save money on labor costs.
2. Rearrange Your Furniture – Rearranging furniture in the same room can help breathe new life into old spaces without costing anything but time.
3. Declutter and Purge – Getting rid of clutter from around your home not only provides a cleaner and more organized look but also helps get rid of stress.
4. Plant Life – A few plants around the house, either indoors or outdoors, will bring some freshness into any home without breaking the bank.
5. Install Shelves – Installing shelves adds storage space that was never there before and allows you to display items in a neat way, which adds personality and character to any room.
6. Accent Wall Wallpapers – Adding wallpaper to one wall in the room can instantly transform it while still maintaining the decorum with the rest of the room’s design elements and colors.
7.Light Fixtures – Upgrading lighting fixtures may seem like a big investment, but you can find vintage fixtures and gently used second hand. Plus, inexpensive light bulbs (like LED bulbs) last longer and consume less energy than standard ones, saving money over time as well as complimenting any modern décor design style you have going for your place.
8. Change Out Drawer & Cabinet Knobs/Pulls – An easy switch that requires almost no installation work changes drawer pulls from metal or plastic ones from the hardware store into stylish knobs and pulls from sites like Etsy. This gives any drawer or cabinet an elegant touch on an otherwise regular piece of cabinetry.
9. Window Treatments & Valances – Update curtains with tabs or rings for an instant touch up in living spaces; add valences (purchased at major stores such as Walmart) above windows for added decoration without being too overwhelming, while making it noticeably different than before at the same time.
10.Curtain Rods – Switching out curtain rods is a simple DIY project that won’t take much time or money.
Investing in home improvements can be a daunting (and expensive!) task, but there are plenty of budget-friendly ideas available. From painting and rearranging furniture to installing shelves and light fixtures, the options are virtually endless. All it takes is some creativity and time to create a comfortable home oasis without breaking the bank!
This story was made possible by our Community Partners Program. Thank you Big Brothers Big Sisters Dream Home Lottery for helping to expand local news coverage in Alberta. Learn more.